Drizzle Cake Recipe
- Milk – 60gr
- Egg – 200gr
- Vanilla essence – 5gr
- Lemon Zest – 3gr
- Plain Flour – 200gr
- Caster Sugar – 200gr
- Baking Powder – 8gr
- Butter (Softened) – 240gr
- Place the milk, egg, vanilla essence and lemon zest into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place the plain flour, caster sugar and baking powder in a separate bowl and mix well together – use a hand whisk for this task. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and blend in by hand.
- Add 50% of liquid mixture to above and whisk on the first speed using an electric mixer. Add remainder of liquid mixture and whisk using the electric mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Deposit the batter into baking parchment lined baking shapes (1lb size) @ 450gr each. Bake at 180º C for 45 minutes. While still hot paint with syrup.
Caster Sugar – 50gr
Lemon Juice – 40gr
- Place in saucepan and heat to near boiling – apply to cake.
Thanks to The Baking Academy of Ireland.