- Butter – 125gr
- Caster Sugar – 100gr
- Egg – 100gr
- Plain Flour – 100gr
- Cocoa Powder – 60gr
- Baking Powder – 10gr
- Icing Sugar – 130gr
- Place 75gr Butter and 100gr Caster Sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk together
- Add 50% of the egg to above and whisk well together – then add remainder and whisk well.
- Sift 100gr PLain Flour, 25gr Cocoa Powder and 10gr Baking Powder together and gently fold into above.
- Deposit the batter into baking parchment lined baking shapes (1lb size). Cook at 180º C for 30 to 35 minutes.
- For the Chocolate Icing, place 35gr Cocoa Powder and 65gr Icing Powder in mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add 10gr Hot Water and 50gr Butter to above and whisk well.
- When the cake is cool divide into 2 discs
- Using a knife spread some icing on base disk. Place second disk on top.
- Using a pallet knife spread the chocolate icing on top and sides of the cake.
- Using the knife or spoon make a simple design in the icing.
Thanks to The Baking Academy of Ireland.